December 16, 2005

Introducing Myself

I am finally getting around to introducing myself as well. Like Walter and Mark, I haven’t always agreed with either the Committee for Justice or the Bush administration on judicial issues, so I am happy to be included as a blogger on this site. I am Tara Ross, retired lawyer turned freelance writer and author of Enlightened Democracy: The Case for the Electoral College.

I have written at length on each of the recent SCOTUS nominations, so I won’t regurgitate those feelings now. (A few links are here, here, and here, for those who are interested.) Instead, I will just briefly say that I supported the John Roberts nomination last summer and am wholeheartedly in favor of the pending Samuel Alito nomination. Despite this support of Bush’s nominees, if I were President for a day, an Edith Jones nomination would currently be pending before the Senate!

Thanks again to Curt and Sean. I look forward to blogging for CFJ!