- AP reports that the confirmation hearings for Judge Alito are scheduled for January 9. Specter feels it is important to not rush the hearings and give Democrats ammunition for a possible filibuster.
- Yesterday, the Washington Times reported on the comfort level of the 'Gang of 14.' Ben Nelson (D-NE) of the 'Gang of 14' said, "At this point in time, I have a comfort level that I'm satisfied with." He continued, "I'm anxious to see the rest of the hearing process work and the whole confirmation process unfold."
- NY Post has an article expressing the Democrats hesitancy to filibuster Judge Alito on the abortion issue, mainly because such a large portion of the country supports parental notification and spousal notification before an abortion.
- AP also had an article stressing adamantly that Senators DeWine and Graham do not consider this an "extreme circumstance," and would support the consitutional option if needed.
- Jan LaRue writes in Human Events about Judge Alito and Stare Decisis. She defends overturning stare decisis when the case requires it. She also points out the hypocrisy on the left about this issue.